Lilypie First Birthday tickers First

Thursday, December 3, 2009

A delayed update!!

I'm sorry it's taken us so long to update! I hope to update more with pictures and stories of the past month's happenings in the next several days. As you can imagine, things have been a bit hectic!

For starters- After a routine appt. and growth ultrasound on Friday October 30th, it was revealed that the baby was still not doing much growing and had fallen below the 10th percentile in growth. This was very alarming. That was coupled with record high blood pressure for me. It was somewhere around 165/105. I was immediately sent up to the Women's Center for the 5th time that week to be monitored.

After about an hour, my blood pressure continued to increase and my labs eventually came back. The lab work revealed changes in my platlet levels. The pre-eclampsia was pretty much confirmed at that point. During this same time, I was hooked up to an NST monitor for the baby and a contraction monitor. I started having contractions about 4-5 minutes apart and they were getting stronger. We won't know for sure, but the dr. was pretty sure I was actually going in to labor on my own! My dr. came in to visit about an hr after we'd been at the Women's Center and told my mom, Travis and I to prepare for a c-section that day. She came back in about five minutes later and said we'd be heading to the OR in about 20 minutes! We were beyond shocked to say the least!!!

About an hour later, God blessed us with the most amazing gift we'd ever layed eyes on. I will post a full story later of my experience in the OR and the days events along with pictures....

But Kylar Nicholas Holland was born at 36 weeks at 3:06 pm on October 30, 2009. I've never been so scared in my life- but after one look at him, I knew he was absolutely perfect. He was 4 lbs, 9 oz and 18 inches long. My placenta confirmed atypical severe pre-eclampsia which caused pretty significant fetal growth restriction. My poor guy wasn't getting any nourishment. I couldn't be more thankful for my amazing dr. for making such a great call and getting my precious boy here safely.

The next two weeks weren't without challenges, as we spent 12 days in the hospital for various issues (I'll post more info later!) but the good news is... we're all HAPPY, HEALTHY AND INCREDIBLY BLESSED!!! God is good and we're so in love with our new family! Thank you to ll of our friends and family for the unconditional love and amazing support we've received over the past few months. You guys are irreplaceable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment