Kynic

Kynic

Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers First

Thursday, April 16, 2009

We spilled the beans!

It's true! We're expecting! We've finally spilled the beans to just about everyone! I decided to start this blog for eveveryone who's interested in following our journey. I do not plan to hold back, so brace yourself! I also thought it'd be a nice way to document and later look back on my very first pregnancy. So- before I get started with the pregnancy updates, I thought it might be nice to let you know how we got to this point!
Travis and I got married on June 7, 2008. Had you asked me then when I'd be having a baby, I would have probably said 5 years!! Travis got the baby itch quite a bit sooner than I did, but eventually he rubbed off on me! By October/November, we decided that we were in a good place and wanted to at least start trying. We kept it to ourselves and just wanted to enjoy the time together. Being the control freak that I am, I immediately started charting. I tracked my cycles, temped with a basal body thermometer and tracked my ovulation. I learned way more about trying to conceive than I ever thought humanly possible!

Needless to say, it worked! On our 5th cycle, I tested with a HPT and it came back negative. I was a little bummed, so Travis and I went out to celebrate a friends birthday. The next morning, I had the urge to pee on a stick again ((lol)) Travis was still half asleep but tried convincing me not to, as HPT aren't cheap!! Well, as soon as he drifted back off to sleep, I snuck in our spare bathroom and test. Much to my surprise, it was POSITIVE!! I waited for what felt like days for him to wake up so I could tell him. I had already plotted my grand reveal for months! I bought him an "I love my Daddy" bib and placed the HPT on the table with the remote on top. I then asked him to pass me the remote. He was SUPER excited and in shock!!!!! This was just the beginning of our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment