Kynic

Kynic

Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers First

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

35 week appt.

Yesterday we had our 35 week appt. We met with the dr. for the first time and I really liked her! She was pleased with my food diary and that I had gained a few lbs since being on bed rest. I've really got the hang of eating everything in sight Whatever my little guy needs

She did my group b strep swab and asked if I wanted to be checked. Of course, I said YES! Boy did I NOT know what I was getting myself into! Needless to say I was only 1 cm dilated and 60 % effaced.

Now onto the bad news--- My blood pressure was through the roof both times they checked it, so they sent Travis and I over to L&D where we had to stay for the next 5 hours while they monitored my BP, contractions and the baby. My BP eventually went down, I was having quite a few contractions, but the baby was doing great. They sent me home with the pee container to collect for 24 hours. I have to take it back tonight and then stay for a Non stress Test to be sure the baby isn't under any sort of distress. This makes me feel a little better because his movements have slowed some recently. The dr. anticipates that all will be fine with both my BP and the NST.

I also got a short 15 sec. u/s in the hospital to make sure he was still head down because the dr said when she examined me she couldn't tell. Luckily- he's still in the right position! Woohoo!! We go for our next growth scan next Friday to determine if he has fattened up any and hopefully I will get off of bed rest if he has! I'm hoping for good news

No comments:

Post a Comment